Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Twilight and other nonsense.

OK kids. I really am at a loss about this book. I just finished it and watched the movie. I guess if I was a young girl....I would LOVE all of this...it's basically a romance novel. (Movie) Edward Cullen is the Jake Ryan of my time. (Jake Ryan was a gorgeous polite respectful boy who drove a porsche and wore loafers...it was the 80's what can you do?) But he ruined it for ALL the boys in my generation I think. (Boys just aren't like that.) And Ed is going to be the Jake for all of you. But I HOPE you are all intelligent enough to not let all your power go into whether a boy likes you or not.....LOVE YOURSELF. You are, and will always be, your only TRUE BEST FRIEND and don't ever think that someone can fill that role for you. As long as you focus on all that is good within you (and trust me, you have TONS of good things) then you will be happy. The nerdiest, weirdest kids in school ended up being AMAZING PEOPLE when they grew up. No matter who you are and what you look like, you can be amazing too! Look at Jim Carrey - do you think he made life easy for his teachers? YIKES!

Now, as far as the movie and book goes, I am so glad you read it...remember when I used to say we are doing push ups for the mind? Well, even though there are only a few challenging words - it is a big big book and you've gained a lot in the fluency department for sure! Did anyone use their strategies while reading this? Just curious. The movie was fun and Edward was even dreamier than in my imagination and it was really creative and fun. It was suprisingly a lot like the book! Well done. I have started New Moon...not sure I will finish...we'll see.
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment